Friday, August 27, 2010

Survival Tools: Shotgun


It is important that we are ready for the upcoming singularity. The nature of The Singularity dictates that it is hard to define exactly what it will imply and how our realities will change. As we discuss survival tools and products it is imperative to make sure that we find flexible items with lots of uses.

If you told me that I could have one weapon to defeat the robots, my choice is my Benelli tactical semi automatic shotgun. It's ammunition choices make it versatile and it can pack a huge punch that will damage any sentient machine. This specific shotgun uses an inertia system rather than a gas system to operate the action. It's stock is designed to reduce 48% of the recoil which makes it easier to shoot a lot of rounds without too much discomfort. It's pistol grip gives it a great tactical feel, and it is semi automatic so you aren't as slow on the trigger since you don't have to pump.

The downside to this gun is it is a little more expensive (around $1000 to $1200) due to it's quality.If this is out of your price range, I recommend that you buy a shotgun of any kind. You can find decent pump shotguns in the $200 range and believe me you and your children will thank me when you find machines at your door.

The best part about shotguns are the choices you have for ammunition. You can use slugs for larger slower machines and you can use flechettes or buckshot shells when you are being attacked by smaller faster machines with less armor.

Get out and arm yourself. Those of us that believe are the only hope that flesh has of surviving the coming slaughter.

Deckard

3 comments:

  1. I love the point you make about choices of ammo. At this point we have to use a bit of imagination of how it will turn out and that's insightful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shotguns are for flesh and blood enemies. If you're going to battle an electronic enemy, you want to get yourself an electromagnetic pulse weapon. I'm building them in my garage, in case you want to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will get in touch with you on that Shayne. The cheapest EMP I can find online is over $5000.

    ReplyDelete