Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Robot Learns to Shoot and Kill Without Remorse



This months winner of the "We wish humans were dead, and we are going to do our best to make sure it happens" award goes out to the Italian Institute of Technology. I wish you my deepest and sincerest congratulations for this award. You have successfully programmed a robot to teach itself to fire a bow and arrow. Not only can it fire, it progressively gets better and better as it learns. I also want to commend you on making the robot cute and childlike. This makes it seem a lot less threatening to those morons that aren't worried about the end of humanity at the hands of machines. Who would suspect that this cute robot would want to harm anyone?

I would recommend that the only way to improve on your results is to make the weapon he is using more deadly. I am thinking maybe a fully automatic Steyr Aug with a grenade launcher. This can inflict a lot more damage on flesh based organisms.

You can come pick up the award in my bunker buried deep below the open plains of North Dakota. On second thought, let me mail it to you, I don't want you to know where I live since you are working for the machines.

Deckard

1 comment:

  1. oh for crying out loud! It gets progressively better with firing an arrow? uh, #1 obviously this progression will continue and be far better than humans #2 even more obvious is substituting guns for bows and arrows. Once machines gain sentience and decide to come after us, and we know we won't be hard to find, they won't miss.

    ReplyDelete